1. The local-cheeses plate at Penn & Palate (928 E. 16th St., 317-602-6975), featuring apricot chutney and a delicious trio: an ultra-creamy bleu cheese, a sharp aged cheese, and the buttery Trillium from Tulip Tree Creamery.
2. Tender deep-fried crawfish piled into a po’ boy sandwich squiggled with spicy remoulade at Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort Restaurant (5539 E. Washington St., 317-737-1801).
3. Tender grilled hanger steak fanned out on a bed of garlic-carrot puree at Nourish (931 S. East St., 317-737-1699).
4. A hulking scoop of mocha-chip ice cream piled onto a cake cone at Martinsville Candy Kitchen (46 N. Main St., Martinsville, 765-342-6390).
5. SoBro Cafe’s (653 E. 52nd St., 317-920-8121) Veggie Grill pita, stuffed with slices of tempeh, broccoli, mushrooms, and zucchini and sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.