Swoon List 6.4.13
- The glazed tofu and jicama slaw sandwich on crusty baguette—a fine vegetarian approximation of the banh mi—from Duos Kitchen (2960 N. Meridian St., 317-508-8614). Recommended side: the spicy collared greens.
- The tiny but mighty mini wedge salad at Dawson’s Too—Sticks & Stones (773 E. Main St., Brownsburg, 317-858-8400) dolled-up with diced cucumber and red onion, with loads of bacon and bleu cheese.
- A chicken-and-cheese pupusa, hot off the grill from the 3-in-1 Restaurant booth at City Market’s Wednesday farmers’ market.
- The tempeh tenderloin sandwich at Upland Brewing Company’s Carmel Tap House (820 E. 116th St., Carmel, 317-564-3400), a (kind of) guilt-free indulgence.
- An airy Ol’ Dutch Baby from Proof on Main (702 W. Main St., Louisville, 502-217-6360). The sweet popover-meets-pancake base comes topped with powdered sugar, flecks of pecans and bacon, and a cloud of golden chef-made cotton candy.