Swoon List 7.14.15
1. The brunch menu at The Loft at Traders Point Creamery (9101 Moore Rd., Zionsville, 317-733-1700) makes good use of the chilaquiles trend with this version, featuring tortilla hash, roasted-tomatillo salsa verde, avocado creme, fresh Traders Point Creamery curd, and two delicately fried eggs.
2. A gloriously salty Reuben on toasted rye bread baked in-house, at Kim’s Kakery, Bakery, and Cafe (5452 Madison Ave., 317-784-5253).
3. A “full plate” special of roasted-veggie walking tacos at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865) came with crisp strips of “fritos” covered in squash, onions, peppers, kohlrabi, and cabbage and drizzled with creme fraiche, salsa, and feta cheese.
4. The nutrient-boosting Power Bowl blends acai berries with a heap of fruits and veggies such as strawberries, spinach, and broccoli, and then tops it off with organic granola, sliced bananas and kiwi, goji berries, and honey at Vitality Bowls (110 W. Main St., Carmel, 317-581-9496).
5. The powdered sugar–dusted beignets at Borel’s Cajun & Creole Cookery (2274 W. 86th St., 317-228-9928), served with a trio of caramel, chocolate, and strawberry sauces.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.