Swoon List 7.15.14
- Lightly briny gumbo at Bluebeard (653 Virginia Ave., 317-686-1580) with shrimp, andouille sausage, okra, corn, and a trinity of onions, bell peppers, and celery, on a bed of basmati rice.
- Succulent, bruleed gorgonzola–strip steak submersed in ruby-port reduction at Divvy (71 W. City Center Drive, Carmel, 317-706-0000).
- Smoked Italian sausage peppered with mozzarella curds and field greens and drizzled with mustard vinaigrette on the aptly named “Messi” sandwich at Goose the Market (2503 N Delaware St., 317-924-4944).
- Meaty Ora King salmon perched on luscious sweet-potato gnocchi at Peterson’s (7690 E. 96th St., 317-598-8863).
- Hunks of rich pecan-pie-parfait concealed under mounds of vanilla ice cream at The North End Barbecue & Moonshine (1250 E. 86th St., 317-614-7427).