Swoon List 7.21.15
1. The Cuban pizza at Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza (5646 E. Washington St., 317-356-6612; 401 Market Plz., Greenwood, 317-883-8993; 9165 Otis Ave., Lawrence, 317-986-4545), crowned with Swiss cheese that barely contains the piles of honey-baked ham, pepperoni, pulled pork, and salty whole-grain mustard instead of red sauce.
2. General American Donut Company’s (827 S. East St., 317-964-0744) new apple fritter—pure fried-dough tenderness sheathed in a dense sugar mantle.
3. The fizzy, refreshing Whiskey Daisy at Severin Bar (40 W. Jackson Pl., 317-634-6664), a concoction of Backbone bourbon, lemonade, grenadine, and soda.
4. Fire by the Monon’s (6523 Ferguson St., 317-252-5920) Dirty Mac: a cheesy bowl of al dente rotini mixed with shredded pork that instills every last bite with smokiness.
5. A cup of sweet and creamy salted-caramel gelato at Cafe Nonna (629 Virginia Ave., 317-986-6904).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.