Swoon List 7.28.15
1. Milktooth’s (534 Virginia Ave., 317-986-5131) sweet-and-savory grilled cheese, a gooey layer of Gruyere between planks of crusty bread drizzled with truffle oil and honey, topped with a sunny-side-up egg.
2. A hearty bowl of chicken karaage at Rook (719 Virginia Ave., 317-759-5828). The meat is brined and then fried—tender enough to melt in your mouth. Piles of chopped cilantro and mint tamp the heat of sweet chili sauce and slivers of Fresno chiles.
3. B Spot Burgers’ (2727 E. 86th St., 317-802-7678) New Jack City, a thick patty sheathed in pepper Jack and salsa verde and stacked with chorizo, hunks of avocado, roasted red peppers, and red onion.
4. The peanut-butter pie at Ruth’s Chris (2727 E. 86th St., 317-844-1155; 45 S. Illinois St., 317-633-1313), light, fluffy peanut-butter mousse encased in chocolate ganache, like a Reese’s Cup on steroids.
5. Crumbles of Gorgonzola crown veggie fritters strewn with broccoli, cauliflower, and potato at Tulip Noir (1224 W. 86th St., 317-848-5252).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.