Swoon List 7.29.14
- The fully loaded strawberry-banana waffle, a simple and sweet breakfast or dessert treat at Bread Basket Cafe & Bakery (46 S. Tennesse St., Danville, 317-718-4800).
- Supremely crisp fries peppered with cheese curds and gravy in the classic poutine at Black Swan Brewpub (2067 E. Hadley Rd., Plainfield, 317-838-7444).
- El Pastorcito‘s (7876 Michigan Rd., 317-872-5676) Torta Grande Cubana sandwich topped with just about every meat you can imagine–including chopped hot dogs.
- Lightly battered and fried goat-cheese fritters at Nine Irish Brothers (575 Massachusetts Ave., 317-964-0990), served atop a small salad dressed with raspberry vinaigrette, giving every bite of creamy tartness a sweet counterpoint.
- Tender Asian-style short ribs steeped in slightly salty beef broth at Miracle Sushi & Modern Asian Cuisine (12505 Old Meridian St., Carmel, 317-810-1737), with tender hunks of roasted potatoes and carrots.