Swoon List 7.1.14
- Honey bourbon–glazed trout at Peterson’s (7690 E. 96th St., 317-598-8863), perched on a bed of vegetables.
- The milky fresh mozzarella, tangy fromage frais, and luscious cultured butter—the first efforts of Fons Smits’s new Zionsville-based Tulip Tree Creamery (317-331-5469, tuliptreecreamery.com), now available at a host of local farmers markets.
- Meaty, well-charred kafta kebabs at Al Basha Mediterranean Restaurant & Grocery (910 W. 10th St., 317-672-7695; 11321 Village Square Ln., Fishers, 317-537-7871).
- The Ambassador pizza at Coalition (365 W. 116th St., 317-817-0800), swathed in rich, spicy Thai barbecue sauce, cheddar, mozzarella, roasted chicken, peppadew peppers, and caramelized onions.
- A plateful of tender lamb shawarma, plus a bowl of gingery vegetable soup, at Saffron Cafe (621 Fort Wayne Ave., 317-917-0131).