Swoon List 7.23.13
- Taste Cafe & Marketplace’s (5164 N. College Ave., 317-925-2233) dinner-menu grilled bacon chop—an inspired cut of meat, a double-boned cross between a pork chop and a Porterhouse—topped with creamed corn relish and glistening with a rich, salty bordelaise.
- The fresh, simple Bakersfield Margarita, shaken with agave nectar and fresh lime, and poured into a salt-rimmed jar at Bakersfield Mass Ave (334 Massachusetts Ave., 317-635-6962).
- The thin-crusted gluten-free pizza at Napolese (two locations), with just enough body to hold fresh mozzarella and fire-roasted tomatoes, peppers, and spinach. Top it with dressed arugula.
- Wildflour’s Maple Bacon Date scones at the Saturday-morning farmers market in downtown Lexington, Kentucky.
- The housemade pappardelle from 10-01 Food & Drink (1001 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-253-1001). It comes with irresistible toppings: hearty chunks of spicy Italian sausage, tomatoes, broccoli, sage, and fennel.