Swoon List 7.9.13
- Halo halo, a doubly sweet parfait of taro-soaked shaved ice over jellied fruits, coconut gel, and sweet red beans—a classic Filipino treat that somehow makes perfect sense at Wyliepalooza’s Ice Cream Emporium (5535 E. Washington St., 317-351-0275).
- Crispy double-fried chicken wings at Libertine Liquor Bar (38 E. Washington St., 317-631-3333), sharing the plate with rich blobs of melting blue cheese.
- Chef de cuisine Alan Sternberg’s elegantly decadent “Cheese Puffs” at The Local Eatery & Pub (14655 N. Gray Rd., Westfield, 317-218-3786)—actually gougeres stuffed with a rich foie gras mousse atop a tangy red wine-raspberry coulis and garnished with chervil.
- The seasonal eggplant special at Naisa Pan-Asian Cafe (1025 Virginia Ave., 317-602-3708). Soft bites of eggplant (with chicken or tofu) sit in a tangy-sweet garlic chili sauce.
- The intoxicating 3 Hour Tour, a cocktail at The Rail (825 N. Walnut St., Bloomington, 812-325-1111). Crusoe spiced rum and cognac are flavored with raspberry syrup, lime, and coconut milk, and then topped with a pouf of egg white and nutmeg dust.