Swoon List 8.12.14
- Dense, moist German chocolate cake at Three Wise Men (1021 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-255-5151), topped with crunchy bits of crushed toffee instead of the usual coconut.
- The favorite Batali sandwich at Goose the Market (2503 N. Delaware St., 317-924-4944), stacked with luscious Italian cured meats, including spicy coppa, soppressata, and capicola.
- Mussels served with a tuft of fresh cilantro to lighten and brighten the rich tomato broth and a piece of crusty garlic toast to soak up every last drop at Union 50 (620 N. East St., 317-610-0234).
- Scratch Truck’s (@scratchtruck, scratchtruck.com) Poutine de Peru Fries, tossed in Peruvian yellow-pepper sauce and speckled with pieces of queso fresco and cilantro.
- Sugar-dusted deep-fried Oreos—like doughnut holes with a cookie center—at the Indiana State Fair.