Swoon List 8.18.15
1. The juicy, smoky half chicken at Black Market (922 Massachusetts Ave., 317-822-6757), pickle-brined and served with tangy-sweet peach-basil butter, available through August 31 on the restaurant’s annual Barbecue Month menu with a choice of two sides such as three-cheese macaroni, collard greens, or yellow-mustard potato salad.
2. A cup of tangy, creamy tomato-basil soup at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865).
3. Crispy, thin fries at B Spot Burgers (2727 E. 86th St., 317-802-7678), crowned with tender piles of pulled pork, pickled jalapeños, and a hefty dose of Cheez Whiz.
4. The watermelon margarita at Yard House (15 W. Maryland St., 317-917-4408), the booze world’s version of sitting on the front porch with a chunk of cool watermelon in one hand and a salt shaker in the other.
5. Grilled sirloin tips with onions, peppers, and mushrooms from the Pickle Barrel Sirloin Tips stand at the Indiana State Fair (Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E. 38th St., 317-927-7500).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.