Swoon List 8.19.14
1. The gooey, butterscotchy skillet blondie at Sullivan’s Steakhouse (3316 E. 86th St., 317-580-1280), made from scratch and served warm and topped with butter-pecan ice cream.
2. Delicately stuffed homemade dumplings with jasmine rice at Miracle Sushi & Modern Asian Cuisine (12505 Old Meridian St., 317-810-1737), served with dollops of refreshing chive yogurt sauce for dipping.
3. Crispy waffle fries smothered in creamy, tangy Gorgonzola at Palomino (49 W. Maryland St., 317-974-0400).
4. A large, sharable bowl of chicken-corn velvet soup at Naisa Pan-Asian Cafe (1025 Virginia Ave., 317-602-3708), a light, brothy version that lets the flavors of the plump kernels and small chunks of chicken burst through.
5. Cavatappi tossed in a smooth jalapeño cheese sauce and dotted with tender hunks of andouille sausage and shrimp in the house-favorite mac ’n’ cheese at Bru Burger Bar (410 Massachusetts Ave., 317-635- 4278).