1. Pizzology’s (pizzologyindy.com for locations) eggplant-topped Melanzana pizza, enhanced with fresh oregano and a dusting of smoked paprika and lemon zest.
2. Wood-fired wild mushrooms at Union 50 (620 N. East St., 317-610-0234)—a beautiful array of fungi supporting a hunk of bacon-potato terrine and tuft of pea shoots.
3. A new take on a funnel cake at Nourish (931 S. East St., 317-737-1699), featuring squares of bay leaf–infused farro cakes, cherry sauce, and coconut-lime whipped cream.
4. An avocado-topped potato omelet at Ruth’s Cafe (3443 E. 86th St., 317-757-8006), stuffed with roasted potatoes, crispy bacon, tomatoes, and a layer of white cheddar.
5. A trio of vegetarian tacos flavored with soft dollops of goat cheese at Adobo Grill (110 E. Washington St., 317-822-9990).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.