Swoon List 8.5.14
- Union 50‘s (620 N. East St., 317-610-0234) ribeye cap with extra-chunky mashed potatoes, fennel slaw, and a liquid-centered bone-marrow “bonbon.”
- The bacon-chipotle cinnamon roll at City Cafe (443 N. Pennsylvania St., 317-833-2233), a smoky-salty-sweet trifecta with a warm, gooey center.
- The Tofu Rich Girl sandwich from Three Carrots at City Market (222 E. Market St., 317-409-5867), a substantial vegetarian tribute to the traditional po’boy with crunchy cornmeal-crusted tofu, zippy chipotle slaw, and avocado on a toasted baguette.
- The creamy and refreshing rice pudding from Tropicalismo Restaurant (7862 N. Michigan Rd., 317-672-3549), served chilled with a generous dusting of cinnamon.
- A basket of fat, crisp onion rings at Smokehouse on Shelby (1103 Shelby St., 317-685-1959).