Swoon List 8.13.13
- Three ears of roasted sweet corn, flavorful enough to gnaw unadorned but served with dollops of three room-temp gourmet butters—lemon-basil, chipotle-lime, and white truffle—at farm-to-fork outpost Valley (55 Franklin St., Valparaiso, 219-531-8888).
- The moist, tender carryout jerk chicken from Jamaican Style Jerk (3355 N. Keystone Ave., 317-926-1110). The meat is seasoned with fiery chilies and warm spices like allspice, ginger, cinnamon, and thyme.
- The well-seasoned burger served at Jack Rabbit Slims (3720 E. Raymond St., 317-966-9114), the chromed-out retro diner inside the Good Timin’ Hot Rods showroom. For an extra treat, sit outside and watch the kickball games on a packed Friday night.
- The sirloin tips dinner—hunks of fork-tender meat spooned atop mashed new potatoes and flavored with sauteed onions and fat mushrooms at the Indiana State Fair.
- Asian-glazed crunchy shrimp tacos at the new Granite City Brewing Company (49 W. Maryland St., 317-803-2025) in Circle Centre.