Swoon List 9.16.14
- Beer-can chicken nachos at Circle City Soups in City Market (222 E. Market St., 317-632-3644), loaded up with tender, briny shredded chicken, romaine, pepper Jack, avocado-lime sour cream, and pickled peppers.
- Roasted-garlic meatballs with mushroom ragout at Sullivan’s Steakhouse (3316 E. 86th St., 317-580-1280). A little cast-iron pan with five plump, juicy orbs (made from the ends of beef that yield center-cut filets) that will ruin your appetite in the best way.
- A hulking serving of juicy fried chicken at 10-01 Food & Drink (1001 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-253-1001), accompanied by green beans and a mound of mashed potatoes ladled with mushroom gravy.
- A King David dog heaped with creamy mac ’n’ cheese at The Ball & Biscuit (331 Massachusetts Ave., 317-636-0539), with spicy-sweet ketchup for dipping. The ultimate late-night bar snack.
- La Mulita’s (5125 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677) lightly breaded fish tacos with slaw, pickled onions, and a swipe of roasted-serrano aioli.