Swoon List 9.23.14
- The Formaggio sandwich at Bluebeard (653 Virginia Ave., 317-686-1580), crowned with crispy bacon, tangy pickled red onion, and tiers of velvety cheddar, provolone, and boursin.
- Cream of mushroom soup, thick with fungi and sweetened with sauteed leeks, at Your Local Deli & Market in Irvington (5543 E. Washington St., 317-653-1812).
- Scarlet Lane Brewing Company’s Dorian Coconut, a rich and nearly milky coconut stout, on tap at HopCat (6280 N. College Ave., 317-565-4236).
- Red-velvet French toast at Yolk (220 E. South St., 317-632-9655), ribboned with cream-cheese frosting and griddled—proof that there should be a portmanteau for breakfast plus dessert.
- Pizzology‘s (608 Massachusetts Ave., 317-685-2550; 13190 Hazel Dell Pkwy., Carmel, 317-844-2550) pillowy, chewy, irregularly shaped breadstick planks crusted with Parmesan.