Swoon List 9.30.14
1. The bright, fresh tofu tacos at Upland Brewing Co.’s Carmel Tap House (820 E. 116th St., 317-564-3400), with fried bean curd on flour tortillas, housemade salsa with blistered corn, and hearty borracho beans on the side. Recommended beer pairing: Champagne Velvet pilsner or, while available, the Good Miss Mosaic American wheat.
2. The Capital Grille’s (50 W. Washington St., 317-423-8790) luscious lobster bisque, loaded with an obscene amount of pink claw meat.
3. The silken braised-beef sandwich (on a plate crowded with “Crack Fries” that apparently cleared the spice rack) at Broad Ripple watering hole HopCat (6280 N. College Ave., 317-565-4236).
4. Ultra creamy mac ‘n’ cheese sprinkled with a generous amount of bacon and chives from the Mac Genie food truck (@MacGenieTruck).
5. Cheesesteak egg rolls at Sullivan’s (3316 E. 86th St., 317-580-1280) with hints of mustard and sweet-and-spicy chile sauce packed into each bite.