Swoon List 9.24.13
- A trio of oversized scallops, gently seared, wrapped in bacon, and resting in a puddle of leek cream sauce—an appetizer at Taverna (1850 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-257-5972).
- The Fire Cracker shrimp appetizer at Siam Square (936 Virginia Ave., 317-636-8424), which wraps tail-on shrimp in thin wonton blankets and deep-fries them to a crisp.
- Bite-sized fried cheese curds at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Rockstone Pizzeria & Pub’s (11501 Allisonville Rd., Fishers, 317-288-9761) wood-fired Roast Pork Pie, topped with shreds of pulled meat, caramelized onions and peppadews that provide the sweetness. The surface of the pizza is dotted with pockets of Dijon mustard barbecue sauce to add just the right amount of heat.
- The mint-chip ice cream at old-timey Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor (329 Washington St., Columbus, 812-378-1900), loaded with brittle slivers of dark chocolate. (By the by, stopping in here is one of 50 Things Every Hoosier Must Do.)