Top Five Kid-Friendly Pubs in Indy
1. The Local Eatery & Pub, 14655 N. Gray Rd., Westfield, 317-218-3786, localeateryandpub.com
This far-north darling skirted with tables covered in butcher paper (crayons provided) lures families in the door with a chalkboard menu that gives attention to root-beer floats (for the kids and the designated drivers) and Sun King ales.
2. Three Wise Men Brewing Co., 1021 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-255-5151, thr3ewisemen.com
Kids eat for free on Tuesdays at Broad Ripple’s lively offshoot of the Scotty’s Brewhouse family, where the complimentary baskets of popcorn are bottomless and picnic tables serve as seating. The offspring can gorge on one-topping pizzas and elephant ears made from homemade pizza dough.
3. Twenty Tap, 5408 N. College Ave., 317-602-8840, twentytap.com
Although this SoBro hangout doesn’t have a dedicated kids menu, starters such as cheese curds and soft pretzels keep the younger crowd busy while the grownups explore the 38 craft beers on tap and a selection of house brews.
4. Shoefly Public House, 122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007, shoeflypublichouse.com
Each item on the kids menu at this cozy Fall Creek Place pub is named after a child in the owner’s family. The Julio features juicy shredded-pork tacos, and The Lilah is a mound of vegetarian meatloaf ladled with rich brown gravy. There is even a selection of craft sodas to wash it all down.
5. Rockstone Pizzeria Pub, 11501 Allisonville Rd., Fishers, 317-288-9761, rockstonepizzapub.com
A brief but solid kids menu includes focaccia cheese pizza, a “lil’ meatball” sub with rigatoni, and the favorite Baby Daddy, a hearty blend of cavatappi pasta doused in the secret Mac Daddy sauce. And if you add in the Nutella nuggets and s’mores pizza, you might as well plan on this becoming a weekly—and demanded—tradition.