Cake Bake’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Cake Bake Shop’s signature cookies preen from their glass case, thanks to edible glitter and big flakes of fleur de sel. Two kinds of chocolate are key.
The Cake Bake Shop’s Recipe For Chocolate Chip Cookies With Fleur De Sel
Courtesy Gwendolyn Rogers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Morton’s kosher salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste (Note: We found ours at Williams-Sonoma)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel flake salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and melted butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla bean paste. Cream until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with a pinch of fleur de sel
- Bake for exactly 15 minutes
- Cool cookie on baking sheet before moving to baking rack. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk.