1. Stylish athletes are digging J. Crew’s “Vintage Waffle Racer” sneakers. Nike’s waffle sole was introduced in 1974 by Bill Bowerman, a track coach at the University of Oregon and co-founder of Nike. Our J. Crew has the unisex sneaks. $88. J. Crew, The Fashion Mall, 317-848-2739, jcrew.com
2. Lucky B’s crisp “White Rain” skirt (shown here from the front, side, and back) pairs nicely with black for the month of May. $68.90. Lucky B Boutique, 918 Broad Ripple Ave., 317-253-7530, luckybboutique.com
3. If jeans are more your thing than a skirt—or you just want to mix it up—make these Banana Republic cropped skinnies your go-to this month. They’ve been tested and approved by us—they’re true to size and super-comfy. $98. Banana Republic, 317-844-4634, bananarepublic.com
4. Freebird Farm & Homestead, a north-central Indiana farmer/soap maker, blended Taxman Brewing’s Deduction dubbel ale into its goat’s-milk soap. Smells nice! $6. Taxman Brewing Company, 13 S. Baldwin St., Bargersville, 317-458-0210, taxmanbrewing.com
5. A rattle and a teething ring hang from this adorable Moulin Roty donkey’s back, while a mirror hangs from her pocket. Plus, it’s an excuse to stop by the delectable Cake Bake Shop. $65. The Cake Bake Shop, 6515 Carrollton Ave., 317-257-2253, thecakebakeshop.com
The Hot List is our weekly roundup of retail favorites.