What We’re Really Doing This Weekend: Halloween Pre-Game, Heartland, and More
- Congratulating novelist Ben Winters—former Butler University teacher—on the success of his new bestseller, Underground Airlines, in which the Civil War never happened and slavery persists, at his Indy Reads Books appearance Saturday night.
- Going full Rambo with the pumpkin cannon at Lark Ranch, a farm/fall-fun theme park in Greenfield.
- Taking in fall scenery at Fort Harrison State Park—Fall Creek Trail through the woods to Harrison Trace Trail around Duck Pond.
- Learning the Thriller dance at a class at New Day Meadery Sunday afternoon.
- Using our friends as a shield at Indiana Fear Farm, which includes a Slaughter Barn and Lost Soul Cemetery.
- Getting goosebumps at the Irvington Halloween Festival‘s Spooky Organ Concert.
- Spotting familiar territory at the Heartland Film Festival’s world premiere of New Life, shot almost entirely in Winona Lake, near Warsaw.