Unspoken Rules: Dyngus Day at the Chatterbox
A manner-festo for the bar’s annual post-Lent polka party, April 17.
Brush up on the chicken dance. You’ll stick out as a rookie if you flap when you should clap.
- Why the chicken dance? Because it’s a polka.
- Polkas originated in Czechoslovakia, not Poland. Shhh.
- Odd clothes and bright colors are optional but a plus.
- Owner David Andrichik will man the grill. Order the works: kielbasa with mustard and sauerkraut simmered in beer and brown sugar.
- Arrive early. The grill shuts down at 9 p.m., or when the kielbasa runs out.
- When the 30-year event veterans start dancing on the sidewalk, the coast is clear to polka al fresco.