Subscribe & Save!
Subscribe now and save 50% off the cover price of the Indianapolis Monthly magazine.

April 2017

Frank Lloyd Wright
Read More

Do The Wright Thing: A Special Occasion For The Architect’s Masterpieces

Named the “all-time greatest work of American architecture” by the American Institute of Architects, Fallingwater in southwestern Pennsylvania sits perched, as its name suggests, on the precipice of a waterfall in a pristine wooded setting.

Read More

The IMA's Gardens Grow Up

According to Indianapolis Museum of Art research, the public only spends about 5 percent of its leisure-time activity going to museums. So what’s the IMA to do? Attract the other 95 percent with flowers.

Read More

Street Savvy: Audubon Road in Irvington

One of Irvington’s original arteries makes a comeback.

House of 5th
Read More

Maker: Truen Jaimes, House Of 5th

The St. Elle style requires 42 feet of handstitching on top of cutting and dyeing the leather.

Read More

Phil Gulley Welcomes the Apocalypse

“When the man first told me the world was ending, I was relieved. Things had been going really well for me, and the thought of ending on a high note had a certain appeal.”

Read More

The Hoosierist: House of Horrors

“A house with this sort of stuff in its background is called a ‘psychologically affected property,’ because unlike a cracked foundation or bad electrical repairs, its impact on a buyer’s decision is purely psychological—unless there’s a big bloodstain on the living room floor that needs to be sanded out.”