×

Indianapolis 500

FERNANDO-ALONSO-IMG_4486.jpg
Read More

In The Orange Car, Indy Sees A Promising 'Black Hat'

Fernandomania! That’s what everyone was already calling it—a little unoriginally, I thought, but it was clear right away that it was a “thing.” I made my way out to the Speedway on that first Monday of the month with the same goal in mind as everyone else who’d skipped work to be there that day: […]

Firestone
Read More

Where Rubber Meets The Road: Firestone And The Indy 500

“The two people who influence our destiny the most are the engine manufacturer and the tire manufacturer,” says Team Penske engineer Ron Ruzewski. “The only thing we don’t control is the space between the car and the ground.”

Big Woods Nachos
Read More

Fast Food

You don’t have to subsist on a diet of fried chicken, sandwiches, and Budweiser during the month of May. Instead, fuel up at these bars and restaurants near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.Big Woods Speedway (1002 Main St., Speedway, 317-757-3250) Pulled pork nachos, house beers, and a gorgeously rustic deck make this relative newcomer to Speedway’s […]

JR-HILDEBRAND-IMG_0038-e1431270956976.jpg
Read More

IndyCar Drivers To Know: J.R. Hildebrand

Getting a full-ride scholarship to a prestigious school like MIT is the dream of many high school students. If they somehow found themselves in that position, 99 percent of those students would jump at the opportunity. J.R. Hildebrand was the other 1 percent. Since he was a kid, all Hildebrand wanted to do was race. […]

IMG_6516.jpg
Read More

Fans Flock For Race Day Fashion

Whether donning retro-inspired T-shirts or suiting up to get down in the Snake Pit in their finest “American-flag casual,” attendees of The Greatest Spectacle in Racing have plenty of fashionable race-day options from local retailers. Broad Ripple’s The Shop is a popular destination for people looking for apparel for their favorite Indy sports team or […]

Read More

Fast Friday Gallery

Alexander Rossi
Read More

Indy 500 Winners Rossi, Dixon Gear Up for ESPYs

For the last 90 laps of the Indy 500, Rossi’s team strategist wanted him to do the impossible—go farther than the fuel he had could take him.

Indy 500 fans
Read More

100 for 100: Here’s to You, Race Fans

An estimated 350,000 people attended to see Lady Gaga take a two-seater ride with 500 legend Mario Andretti, and to watch Alexander Rossi cross the finish line on fumes then get a tow to Victory Lane.

Read More

What a Weekend: Best Moments of the Indy 500 in Photos

Read More

Welcome Back, Buddy Lazier

At age 48, Lazier has the most experience of anyone in the race. However, team owners are not interested in signing him to drive for their team. Rather, team owners are on the lookout for the youngest talent they can find.

Read More

IndyCar Meet-and-Greet: Sage Karam

“I’m ready to go,” Karam says. “I’m starting 23rd—but I don’t think I’m going to be there for long.”

Read More

James Hinchcliffe on His First Indy 500 Pole

While some drivers put in headphones and get themselves pumped up before a race, Hinchcliffe likes to crack jokes with his team until they put him into the car.

Read More

Arie Luyendyk on Driving Faster Than Anyone—Ever—at Indy

“All I can compare it to is going down a ski slope. You’re making those long, winding turns. You feel the skis about to lose their grip, getting away from you—but not quite.”

ChampagneVelvet
Read More

Six Canned Beers You Can Drink at the Track Without Getting Wrecked

“The can looks like one you might’ve seen at the track back in the day. It might be a conversation starter with some of the old-timers.”

Pippa Mann
Read More

Q&A: Pippa Mann on Being the Only Woman in the Indy 500

“The car can’t tell what color it’s painted, it can’t tell what color my helmet is, and it can’t tell what gender I am when I’m driving it,” says Mann. “I’m just one of the drivers in the race.”

X
X