Swoon List: Pi Indy, Mucky Duck Pub, And More
A basket of old-school ground-beef nachos is just what we need right about now.
The stuffed pizzas—especially the one crammed full of sausage and pepperoni, oozing mozzarella from every crack in its double-crusted construction—at red-saucy So Italian (515 E. Main St., Brownsburg, 317-858-4777). The frothy, fruity Ginger Pear Martini at Tini (717 Ma
1. The rich, creamy housemade peanut butter-and-chocolate cheesecake on a graham-cracker crust at McCormick & Schmick’s (110 N. Illinois St., 317-631-9500).
2. A comforting antidote to crisp evenings, the rich and lovely Scallopine in Marsala at Broad Ripple stalwart Ambrosia (915 E. Westfield Blvd., 317-255-3096). The menu describes it simply: sauteed veal cutlets, mushrooms, and Marsala wine sauce—but its comforting Old Country portions go beyond words.
3. Flan cake with a well-caramelized flan layer, a cake layer, and a cheese layer at Mama Irma (1058 Virginia Ave., 317-423-2421)—especially since Mama Irma herself sits down at the table to let you know just how much love she’s added to the dishes.
4. The spicy, salty crunch of falafel folded inside warm pita at Ali Baba Cafe & Hookah Bar (50 N. Illinois St., 317-297-7153).
5. The decadent jumble of sliced bananas, toffee drizzles, custard, and vanilla-bean ice cream inside a graham-cracker crust that adds up to one Banoffee Pie at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant (3815 E. 96th St., 317-574-9463).