Unspoken Rules: Yelp’s Totally Bazaar
How to stay in good cheer at the smash holiday market December 10.
• Arrive at the Central Library early and beeline for the artisanal food vendors before their section becomes a Hunger Games outtake.
• Have your Yelp app downloaded to receive a free tote quickly.
• Dress in layers. It gets hot when bodies crush together for gourmet-marshmallow samples.
• Plus, you might want to try on a sweater—boutiques bring racks of clothes.
• Can’t squeeze into the booth with the knitted scarves? There’s another one.
• Office Secret Santas, right this way to the Hoosier beer glasses.
• Buy that night. You may not find these small-batch items again.
• Compliment the work. Much of it is handmade by the person standing in front of you.
• Drinking game! Spot the Indiana homages.
• Whatever your friend cooed over? Sneak back and buy it for the gift swap.
• You can’t go wrong with letterpressed notecards.
• Escape route: the stacks.
• Eat first or afterward. Some food-truck lines wrap around the North Pole.
— Brittany Smith (@YelpIndy) December 3, 2015