1. Spinach salad with toasted walnuts, dried cherries, apples, and an aptly named “dreamsicle” orange dressing that’s bright and not too sweet, at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865).
2. Delicate rice noodles in a spicy red-curry broth, one of several vegan options at Tinker Street (402 E. 16th St., 317-925-5000).
3. Beautifully burnished pulled pork on locally made Texas toast, topped with a crisp and vinegary apple-cabbage slaw, all pressed into a tidy panini, at Bent Rail Brewery (5301 N. Winthrop Ave., 317-737-2698).
4. Tender little fried shishito peppers with a spicy mayo dip from Spoke & Steele (123 S. Illinois St., 317-737-1616).
5. Tropicalisimo’s (7862 Michigan Rd., 317-228-8007) towering appetizer platter (garnished for Valentine’s Day) featuring a mouthwatering array of salami, Longaniza sausage, fried chicken bites, plantains, meaty shrimp, and mozzarella sticks.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.