- Hoisting our Diet Pepsi cups high for Tamika‘s final regular-season game, Sunday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Going to see the giant squirrel by street muralist Roadsworth in Garfield Park (on Garfield Drive, north edge of the park).
- Hunting for the most exotic international act at the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival in Bloomington.
- Anticipating the new ending of Kurt Vonnegut’s Happy Birthday, Wanda June at the Indianapolis Opera’s world premiere this weekend.
- Toasting new friends on Indy Mixture‘s craft-cocktail tour of downtown bars.
A photo posted by Mixture (@indymixture) on
- Getting a tennis lesson from Andy Roddick and new Olympic silver medalist Rajeev Ram during the EntouRaj for Kids fundraiser.
- Catching a re-release of Dr. Strangelove on the big screen at the United Artists cinema in Fishers.
- Planning a DIY shiplap project after beholding all the beautiful examples at Home-a-Rama (which Indianapolis Monthly sponsors).
- Teaching our kids to tie knots during Family Fishing at the Fort, a free event at Fort Harrison State Park.
- Yard-hopping during Carmel’s Porchfest.
- Fighting for this cool chaise at the Society of Salvage parking-lot sale Saturday.
Thinking we might sell this neat navy blue lounger now that we uncovered it. Really HOPING the rain holds off on Saturday…. ARG! We’re just going to bring it inside. The sale must go on! #societyofsalvage #therapycouch #naptime #shopindy #thingsyoufindinaschool
A photo posted by Society Of Salvage (@societyofsalvage) on
- Revisiting local punk history at the Dow Jones and the Industrials reunion show at the State Street Pub tonight.
- Humming the M*A*S*H theme song while crawling around an army helicopter at Conner Prairie’s Festival of Machines.
- Reading Anne Laker’s diary at 10,000 Whens, a new exhibit at Central State Hospital.