Best Coffee Shop
Six reasons to race over to Lino’s Coffee (1201 Main St., Speedway, 222-5238, linoscoffee.com), a real-deal Italian cafe inside Dallara Automobili:
1. The Elektra espresso machines rival anything visitors might glimpse on a tour of the Dallara IndyCar Factory next door.
2. The luscious cappuccino granita ($3.85 maxi size)— a creamy, mocha-flavored slushie—is more dessert than drink.
3. Less-is-more sandwiches feature authentic prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano-Reggiano imported from Italy.
4. Manager Julie LaFore apprenticed as a barista in Milan, and the staff knows that the only condiments you ever really need are high-quality olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
5. The menu has Italian translations. Even the sugar packets are printed in the company’s mother language.
6. You might stargaze in line behind Mario Andretti or Davey Hamilton, who hone their skills on Dallara’s simulators.
Photo by Tony Valainis
This article appeared in the December 2012 issue.