1. A golden liege waffle at Milktooth (534 Virginia Ave., 317-986-5131), covered in apples, cocoa-nib syrup, banana creme fraiche, and crispy strips of bacon.
2. The Omelet You Can’t Refuse at Cafe Patachou (multiple locations), strewn with crispy hunks of bacon, potatoes, and white cheddar and swiped with sour cream.
3. Shredded roasted chicken on a buttery, crisp-edged hoagie roll with tangy apple-cabbage slaw, a light two-hander at Bent Rail Brewery (5301 N. Winthrop Ave., 317-737-2698).
4. The hulking bison burger at Shoefly Public house (122 E. 22nd St., 317-283-5007), crowned with bleu-cheese crumbles, bacon, and extra-crispy onion straws.
5. Gooey, tangy pimiento cheese on hearty, crunchy toast at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.