1. A hunk of Verlasso salmon lounging on a bed of panzanella salad, topped with a dollop of ramp butter at Rail Epicurean Market (211 Park St., Westfield, 317-804-8555).
2. The Kevin Bacon, a long john slicked with delicate maple icing and dredged in crushed, extra-crispy bacon—worth the wait at SoBro’s new breakfast spot, The Dancing Donut (1134 E. 54th St., 317-737-1751).
3. Juicy pork loin braised in milk and then grilled, served atop foraged dandelion greens with an earthy bite, horseradish cream, and yellow beets, at The Loft at Traders Point Creamery (9101 Moore Rd., Zionsville, 317-733-1700).
4. Revery’s (299 W. Main St., Greenwood, 317-215-4164) aptly named Best Part of French Onion Soup starter: a small iron skillet of soft, sweet sauteed onions under a molten layer of cheese that you dip out with slices of crusty French bread. There’s not a drop of broth involved, and you won’t miss it.
5. Exquisitely creamy potato salad whipped with a touch of mustard—the side of choice at The Garfield Park Eatery (2627 Shelby St., 317-780-1728).
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.