1. Sliced flat-iron steak over crisped potatoes, crowned with a fried egg at Rail Epicurean Market (211 Park St., Westfield, 317-804-8555).
2. A bowl of Public Greens‘s (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865) addictive fried sweet potatoes dusted with sea salt and cracked pepper.
3. Rich and spicy boudin balls packed with pork and rice at Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort (5539 E. Washington St., 317-737-1801).
4. The exceptionally savory and creamy chicken salad served on thick-cut whole-wheat bread at the recently relocated (and scaled-down) Jersey’s Cafe (820 E. 116th St., 317-580-1400).
5. Surprisingly fruity, slightly earthy avocado ice cream from Delicias Jalisco #2 (3851 Georgetown Rd., 317-875-1555), the second storefront of the Mexican frozen-treats shop that makes all of its own flavors and has a third location planned soon at 79th and Michigan Road.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.