• The bread for Mazza’s sandwiches is sourced from South Jersey, boasting a slightly crisp crust and a soft crumb.
• Mild Muenster provides an authentic old-world flavor.
• Brown and yellow mustard seeds are soaked in chocolatey Pogue’s Run Porter from Flat12 Bierwerks (which houses the Hoagies & Hops sandwich counter) and then mixed with cinnamon and allspice.
• Ring Bologna, a coarse-ground, lightly smoked combo of pork and beef, is brought in from Philly-based Dietz & Watson.
• Hard-boiled eggs are dyed a rosy hue in brine from beets that Mazza pickles herself.
• A crunchy toss of iceberg and some creamy mayo complete the Pennsylvania package.
Hoagies & Hops, 414 N. Dorman St., 317-296-8430