1. Alternative Apparel’s modal-cotton midi dress with an asymmetrical hem feels as good as a T-shirt and makes you look like the coolest girl in the art gallery. $119. Haus Love, 5901 N. College Ave., 317-601-6521, ilovehaus.com
2. We love the ease, aged look, and fresh light wash of AG Jeans’s romper. Wear it now with booties and a slouchy sweater, and later with bare arms and barely-there sandals. $198. 8 Fifteen, 815 E. 65th St., 317-253-1234, 8fifteen.com
3. This S’well water bottle has a writeable surface—a clever touch when you scribble “Happy Birthday” or “Thank You” and give it as a gift. $45. Clara K., 825 Westfield Blvd., Facebook page
4. Hurry—TJ Maxx has a shipment of cut-rate Coach logo sneakers and skate shoes with snappy leather and metallic details. $49.99. TJ Maxx, tjmaxx.tj.com for locations
5. It’s a race to snap up this vintage-style Derby accessory: a bangle made from a Thoroughbred-racing coin. $36. Blue Peppermint, 8936 South St., Fishers, 317-436-7082, Facebook page
The Hot List is our weekly roundup of retail favorites.