1. Thunderbird’s (1127 Shelby St., 317-974-9580) original take on shrimp and grits: tender slices of shrimp “sausage” with fried polenta and a swipe of Tabasco remoulade.
2. Briny octopus bruschetta with lemon butter and aged balsamic at Plow & Anchor (43 E. 9th St., 317-964-0538).
3. The succulent pot roast at Dawson’s Too Sticks & Stones (773 E. Main St., 317-858-8400), hunks of fall-apart beef dressed in a delicious brown gravy of sauteed onions and mushrooms.
4. A savory spin on the Dutch baby cornmeal pancake at Milktooth (534 Virginia Ave., 317-986-5131), with city ham and Gruyere cheese.
5. Toasted ravioli at Public Greens (900 E. 64th St., 317-964-0865), filled with creamy butternut squash, caramelized leeks, and bleu cheese and covered in savory sage pesto.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.