1. An arugula salad of sliced peaches, roasted corn, candied almonds, and white cheddar tossed in tangy-sweet tomato vinaigrette at Napolese (114 E. 49th St., 317-925-0765; 30 S. Meridian St., 317-635-0765; 8702 Keystone Crossing, 317-705-0765).
2. Penn & Palate’s (28 E. 16th St., 317-602-6975) corn fritters: sweet summer corn contrasted with tart crumbles of feta, olives, and marinated tomatoes.
3. Eggshell Bistro’s (51 W. City Center Dr., Carmel, 317-660-1616) perfectly crispy sweet-potato hash studded with hunks of chorizo, black beans, and jalapeños and crowned with poached hen’s eggs.
4. Assorted deviled eggs—original, bacon-topped, and hot sauce–squirted—at Georgia Reese’s (3454 W. 86th St., 317-876-3454; 14 E. Washington St., 317-986-7883).
5. A heaping double scoop of Chocolate Cashew and Graham Central Station on a hot summer day at Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream & Yogurt (2466 E. 146th St., Carmel, 317-705-1855; 8760 E. 116th St., Fishers, 317-585-8065).