1. You’ll start humming The Beatles song every time you look at this feel-good hand-hooked pillow, but that’s not a bad thing. $49.95. M.G. Tates, The Fashion Mall, 317-818-0517, Facebook page
2. Who doesn’t love a slimming optical illusion? This versatile heavy-knit dress does you a lot of favors and it’s plenty warm enough for winter (paired with tights and a jacket, of course). $306. Enza’s Boutique, 320 N. Meridian St. (Chamber of Commerce building), 317-951-4085, Facebook page
3. Move over, massage chairs. Our new obsession at Brookstone is the reimagined inline skates from Cardiff. You just strap them onto your shoes and make like a Venice Beach juicehead. $159. Brookstone, Circle Centre, 317-624-9917, brookstone.com
4. One of our favorite local artists, Nathaniel Russell, always gives us something to think about—even through an object as ordinary as a 2015 calendar. $30. crookedarm.blogspot.com
5. From the less-is-more department, these charmingly minimalist greeting cards from Indy stationer No. 18 Paper Co. are sold exclusively at Righno boutique. $5 per card. Righno, 1103 N. College Ave., 317-796-4704, righno.com
The Hot List is our weekly roundup of retail favorites.