1. La Mulita’s (5215 N. College Ave., 317-925-0677) meaty bar snack, the tlayuda chorizo. A fired flour tortilla holds a pizza-like layer of black beans, Mexican sausage, sliced skirt steak, and chihuahua cheese, all drizzled with cilantro-lime crema.
2. A side of sweet-potato fries and the lightly toasted Pegasus sandwich (Smoking Goose pastrami and capocollo melted with cheddar cheese—with a kick of red peppers, red onions, and chipotle aioli—on rye from Roll With It Bakery) at Black Acre Brewing Co. (5632 E. Washington St., 317-207-6266).
3. Unexpectedly herby blueberry pie, made with a real homemade crust and hits of cardamom and lemon zest kicking up the filling a gourmet notch, at The Loft at Traders Point Creamery (9101 Moore Rd., Zionsville, 317-733-1700).
4. General American Donut Co.’s (827 S. East St., 317-964-0744) Indiana fried-chicken sandwich, featuring a well-seasoned, moist, crunchy chicken strip gussied up with blueberry jam and sweet-corn butter, on a fall-apart biscuit.
5. The aromatic red-curry lunch special with chicken at Thai Paradise (137 W. Market St., 317-822-8382), which also comes with soup and a spring roll.
The Swoon List compiles our latest food-and-drink favorites. They’re not ranked, just delicious.